Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Six Million Dollar Man: Season Six - A Review






Juan Antonio Ramirez

A Review


Ramirez’s graphic novel brings reminders of the mid-70s television series of the same name.  A well-done followup, that weaves several stories in this collection of individual issues into a single book.  I sensed that I was truely again following the adventures of Steve Austin as he worked for the OSI - even as its funding is disappearing.  It was well-worth my time reading the latest installment of The Six Million Dollar Man.


My only concern is that I do not like a compilation of individual issues ending with a “To Be Continued”.  Though I know it is not unusual, but I expect the resulting novel to be the complete story - that is not the case here.  I will need to wait for the next volume (if there is one) of the series to find the end of the story.  Perhaps it is a good marketing tactic, and fair with individual issues; however, I question its use in a larger novelization.  
______________

This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: