Friday, January 10, 2014

The Woman Who Stopped Traffic - A Review







I found myself pleasantly surprised as I read this well-written thriller. It was a month ago that I read an earlier work by this author: The Candidate.  I was disappointed in the earlier book, as I indicated in my review.  The surprise came as I finished this book and discovered that it was written by the same author as the earlier one. 
The Woman Who Stopped Traffic mixes five very different arenas that held my interest - IT Security, Corporate Economics, Social Networking, murder mysteries, and the issue of human trafficing.  Daniel Pembrey does a good job of combining these into a believable and interesting story. 
Natalie Chevalier was called in as a security consultant for a major player in Silicon Valley - on the verge of issuing its first round of IPO funding.  But at one of the first public announcements of the upcoming IPO an unexpected view of the human trafficing which may be underwriting the corporate hiarchy is displayed as a power point slide.  Thus begins Natalie's adventure through the dark world of corporate politics, human trafficing, IT security, and physical security, begins.
Where Daniel Pembrey let me down in his first book, he now leaves me wanting more.  I can only hope that this author will allow us to see more of Natalie's skills and talents as she works within corporate American and with the local police and the FBI.  She makes for an interesting heroine that could continue to hold the interest of this reader.
________

This review is based on a free electronic copy of the book provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are mine alone.  

No comments: