Monday, January 27, 2014

Snapshot (A Graphic Novel) - A Review






A Review


Snapshot got my attention because it had the same title as a novel I had read a week or two earlier.  Though there is no connection between the two books, I found this graphic novel to be as compelling as the earlier novel.


The story held my interest, the characters were believable.  My only concern was the very quick transition from the story’s climax to its conclusion.  I felt as if I had missed some of the story - actually going back and forth over the last three pages to make sure I had not flipped past some important detail.  


Though the author and artist have quite the reputation, I had never run across them before.  The high contrast black and white drawing were well done - and conveyed the story well.  Nothing was lost by choosing to not use color in this book’s artwork.  
______________

This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are mine alone.  

No comments: