Thursday, January 12, 2012

Then Sings My Soul - Book 3 : A Review

Robert J. Morgan is one of my favorite authors - not just because of the “Then Sings My Soul” series, but because of other books which he has contributed to my library.

The book is a collection of hymn stories - hymns dating from the 1st century AD to the 21st century. The author not only tells the story of the hymn, but also the stories of their authors - men and women who loved the Lord enough to share their joy with us in song. The author does not disappoint. The author tells stories of songs that every church goer knows well (e.g. Jesus Loves Me) and hymns that I have never heard (e.g. One More Day’s Word for Jesus). But each story is worth telling and worth reading.

My only regret as I hold this book is the lack of a CD (or 2 or 3) that contains the music. I am hoping a search of the Internet may turn up copies of these hymns so that I can learn the songs whose stories have touched the souls of so many.

This review is based on a free copy of the book provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.


No comments: