Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Corruptible : A Review


by Mark Mynheir


A Review

Too often conversion is shown as an event that changes a person’s life totally and completely in an instant. Conversion does occur in an instant - but the changes that God will make in a person’s life will take a lifetime. That is what Ray Quinn had to discover as he begins his journey with God.


The Corruptible is the second book in a series of novels being written by Mark Mynheir - the first that I read. I found the book enjoyable - though it did slow down for a few minutes about halfway through the book. Though faith is evident throughout the book, the story does not become mired in the issue of faith.


As the story develops, each character grows and develops, living with their individual brokenness . The plot does come to a satisfactory, if not totally happy, ending. Ray Quinn’s faith still has a long way to go before most of us would view him as a faithful believer, but it is clear that he is trying to understand the nature of faith, as those around him pray for him.


In the weeks ahead, I will be doing two things:

      1. I will take time to read the first book in this series: The Night Watchman

      2. I will be keeping my eye open for the next book in the series - which I hope arrives soon.


No comments: