Wednesday, March 11, 2009

God Will Meet Me There

God Will Meet Me There

Matthew 26:32

But after I am raised up, I will go before you to Galilee.


It was a difficult night. Jesus had His last meal with His disciples. Now they were making their way to the Garden of Gethsemane where Jesus would have an opportunity to pray. And now He tells His disciples, His friends, “You will all fall away.” It was not just Jesus speaking, it was also
the prophets. They knew it was true, but they did not think it would be them.


But in the midst of this conversation, Jesus speaks words that are not from the prophets, but from Jesus alone, “But after I am raised up, I will go before you to Galilee.” Jesus will get there first. He will prepare the way. He will be gone, they will see Him crucified, they know where His tomb lies. Yet He promised to go before them to Galilee.


We each will experience dark times. It might be spiritual – when God seems far away. Or perhaps it is a physical illness – when God seems so distant. Or maybe is a loss of a loved one or something of value – and we feel so alone. Yet, when I go through bad times, when we go through dark times, maybe we can still hear Jesus speaking, “...I will go before you...” And I will look forward to meeting Him there.





No comments: