Sunday, January 7, 2007

Patrick - hey that is not my name!

Though this is not my first blog, this is my first attempt at blogging. You see a number of years ago I wanted to find a way to give members of my parrish access to my sermons. I started to use SermonCentral (http://www.sermoncentral.com), but found it to be a clumsy way to put sermons on-line - especially for layman. When I stumbled on Blogger.com, a number of years later, I tried to give it a try. For a number of years I have been using Blogger.com as a tool to post my sermon outlines. You can find those posts at


By the way, that is my name - "Pastor Floyd".

So why Pastor-Patrick, if that is not my name? Shortly after coming to the Garland United Methodist Church, I was introduced to one or two of the young people in the church as "Pastor". But the introduction was misunderstood - they heard me called "Patrick" and the name stuck. Since that time there have been a number of teens that refer to me as "Pastor Patrick."

Having two names is not too unusual. Abram became Abraham. Saul became Paul. Jesus assumes the title "Christ" as if it were a name.

So, as Pastor Patrick, I begin to blog for the first time.

Yours because His,

Pastor Patrick (aka Pastor Floyd)

No comments: